Serving a WASM file from Apache06 May 2019
I've been spending a considerable amount of time playing with WebAssembly the last few weeks. It is fascinating what is possible in the browser. One issue that I ran into with my Ubuntu Apache setup was an the following error message:
Failed to execute 'compile' on 'WebAssembly': Incorrect response MIME type. Expected 'application/wasm'.
This would be displayed in the Chrome console every time I tried to load a WASM file. The issue is that Apache has no clue what a WASM file is. To fix this issue, I had to:
- Edit the /etc/mime.types file using sudo
- Add the following line to the bottom of the file:
- Save the changes and restart Apache
Once Apache had restarted, the error went away.